We are a free, independent and confidential service.
We aim to provide high quality, reliable advocacy.
If you wish to make a complaint, we have a complaints procedure available on request. All complaints are responded to promptly.
If you are happy with the service, please let us know.
Any feedback we receive could help us improve the service.
We are a non-profit organisation that is independent of statutory services.
What is Advocacy?
- taking action to help people to say what they want, secure their rights, represent their interests and obtain services they need
- giving people a stronger voice
- working in partnership with people and taking their side
Do you feel that . . .
- your wishes and views are not being heard?
- you need support at meetings?
- you understand what is being said to you and what your options are?
- you are having trouble accessing the services or help you need?
- you are having difficulty expressing yourself in getting the support you need?
- you need help in accessing and understanding information?
If this is you and you need an advocate to support you please contact us.
WE CAN HELP!
- listen and support you in making informed decisions
- take your side and ensure your views and wishes are taken forward
- support you in gaining confidence to self advocate
- help you understand your rights
We Can . . .
- support you and help you to plan what you want to say at reviews
- help you to find specialised legal advice
- ensure that your views are heard at meetings with professionals such as social services etc.
- help you to access other services that you may require
- help you with writing letters
- help you to find information out
- help you with complaints
Advocates do not:
- provide legal assistance, but we will help you find it
- offer advice or tell people what to do
- take the place of health, housing or social services
- offer a befriending service